Friday 22 April 2011

Cont...

As a continuation of today's previous post (we only stayed so long outside of a coffee shop with free wifi) let me tell you about yesterday.

We drove for 6 hours from Thunder Bay to Wawa where we were greeted by such kind people and delicious food. Our concert that night was one of the best and most emotional that we had ever performed, including the Sunday morning services that we participated in during the school year. There was a gentleman who was weeping our entire concert and many others who cried, particularly during our rendition of the famous hymn "How Great Thou Art", one of my personal favourites. Our hosts that night were so friendly and all of the choir members felt blessed by their kindness. Unfortunately, our darling Colin Hamm, a fabulous tenor, was sick last night and was not able to perform. Let us pray that he recovers quickly and is back to his usual self in no time.

This morning we drove a short 3 hours to Richard's Landing on St. Joseph's Island and now that we are at Puddingstone Inn our spirits are soaring. Let me describe this Bed & Breakfast to you. Are you familiar with Agatha Christie's Miss Marple mystery stories? (If not, you should become aquainted; you won't regret it!) Well, this is the kind of place where Miss Marple would find herself, visiting a niece or an old friend, where a murder would happen late in the evening which she would then proceed to solve in the following few days. Puddingstone is a decorated so daintily, the building is so old fashioned, and the rooms are so quaint, that I feel as if I stepped directly into Miss Marple's world. (Let's just pray that the murders are kept to a minimum.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are working out so well! I gotta tell you I've had some stressful moments, since I have your itinerary practically memorized, every moment of every day I know where you guys should be and I hope and pray that you are there. Keep those posts coming. Living Vicariously here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I like the "lets keep the murders to a minimum." Especially with my ChoirTour mystery novel

    ReplyDelete